Robert Sorby offers one of the most comprehensive chisel ranges on the market today. Designed by craftsmen for craftsmen their tools are used by the most demanding cabinet makers, furniture restorers and house builders across the world.
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a professional, the Robert Sorby brand name is one you can trust. Every tool has a small indentation, our ‘hallmark’ and your guarantee, that each chisel has been diamond hardness tested before it leaves the factory.
• Forged from special Sheffield steel precision ground flat backs ensure smooth, straight cuts.
• Special alloy ensures that perfect balance of toughness, edge retention and sharpness.
• Handle and blade are accurately aligned.
• Large tang seated deeply in the handle for extra security and strength.
• Each tool finely balanced for added control.
• Full selection of different handle styles and designs to meet specific requirements whether heavy slugging or refined paring.
• Finely ground bevels ensure accurate cutting in corners. Each tool marked with size for ease of identification.
• Chisels are supplied with handles made of different materials.
• Ash – A relatively dense hardwood with high tensile strength.
• Boxwood – A slow growing shrub whose wood is extremely dense and unlikely to chip.
• Rosewood – A traditional wood for woodworking tools.
• Plastic – Plastic handles are most suitable for on-site work.
All woods are obtained from sustainable sources.
Boxes All Robert Sorby sets are available in high quality presentation boxes. The boxwood and rosewood handled chisels are now available in hardwearing beech and plywood comb- jointed boxes.